For years, USA Coach Al Fong has produced championship level athletes using techniques and equipment developed over a long and illustrious career. These blocks have been a staple in his gymnastics program, and will be indispensable in yours, too! Coach Al first developed the blocks to create a "channel bar" station -- above the ground. The blocks are made of a special firm foam on the sides and bottom creating a more stable environment, which coaches appreciate for safety reasons.
- Teach gymnasts skill progressions early on for handstands, giants and release moves (ideal for spotting bar skills safely)
- Train beam skills, including mounts and dismounts, using the 10cm white line that appears on top of each block
- Use blocks on their rigid side for conditioning, plyometric or flexibility stations
- Turn blocks on their edges to create dynamic obstacle courses for a great cardio workout
- Made of firm, yet lightweight, foam that is covered in easy-to-clean vinyl
- Strategically placed Velcro allows blocks to be securely stacked on top of each other, side by side, or end to end, providing endless configurations and use!
- Super lightweight with carrying handles for ease in moving from station to station
The Blocks and Planks are made up of 2 different types of foam
- The top has 10cm of EVA Crosslink Foam with a Solid Polystyrene Core
- There is no EVA Crosslink Foam on the bottom which leads to increased stability
Each Al Fong Spotting Blocks Stack includes the following
- (1) 2.4m x 90cm x 90cm Block (light blue end)
- (1) 2.4m x 90cm x 30cm Plank (lime green end)
- (2) 1.2m x 90cm x 30cm Plank (purple end)
Be the first to ask us a question about the Al Fong Spotting Blocks System: