Built for Clubs
Coaches love the Air Barrel for its versatility, shape and dynamic surface, as it can be used for tumbling, vaulting, beam and bar skills to teach body awareness and control, or used to create obstacle courses. The Air Barrel also gives athletes a more forgiving landing on a variety of skills.
- Includes sturdy handles on the ends for easy mobility and control during drills
- Each unit comes with a dual-action Hand Pump
- Ideal for use in limited space as well as its ability to travel easily from site to site
- When not in use, the Air Barrel deflates quickly, making it incredibly portable and easy to store away
- D-rings are useful for attaching optional Tumbl Trak Cradles that help keep the Air Barrel in place
- Ships for a fraction of the cost of shipping a traditional Octagon.
Available in three sizes: 60cm, 75cm and 90cm diameter. General height guidelines are as follows:
- Choose the 60cm Air Barrel for athletes 88cm to 109cm tall
- Choose the 75cm Air Barrel for athletes 110cm to 135cm tall
- Choose the 90cm Air Barrel for athletes taller than 135cm
- For even taller athletes you can raise the height of the Air Barrel by placing it on top of a folded Tumbling Mat or Booster Block
- If the athlete needs a little more height, have the athlete stand on top of a raised surface
Perfect for Home
The Air Barrel makes a perfect back handspring trainer and is loved for its versatility, shape and dynamic surface. It can be used to teach body awareness, control and build confidence in many different tumbling skills.
- Three different sizes to chose from so beginner through advanced athletes can practice handstands, bridges, walkovers and backhandsprings
- The bouncy, easy to clean surface makes conditioning and flexibility exercises fun
- High quality vinyl and time tested seams and valves that will hold up to the most rigorous use
- Use the D-rings to attach optional Cradles to keep the Air Barrel in place to use for bar training
The Air Barrel is also great for working with children with special needs. The size of the Air Barrel is great for smaller clientele working to climb through heights, but need a firm, soft surface to feel stable when exploring space. When straddling the barrel the hips are externally rotated and the pelvis is stabilised in an optimal position to encourage efficient lateral flexion and rotation of the trunk. Sitting on the Air Barrel provides a small amount of proprioception and requires children to maintain their balance. This keeps their arousal up and therefore helps them to maintain engagement in the activity.
Download the Air Barrel Owner's Instructions here.
- 60cm diameter x 117cm long, end to end. The working surface is 91cm long.
- 75cm diameter x 124cm long, end to end. The working surface is 91cm long.
- 90cm diameter x 132cm long, end to end. The working surface is 91cm long.
- Designed in the USA. Made in Cambodia.
Watch this video to help choose the best size Air Barrel for your athlete.
- Cradles can be used to stabilise the Air Barrel for a variety of drills and make great pre-school shapes when used by themselves. Set them up in obstacle courses or do cartwheels over them.
- Unlike foam barrels, the Air Barrel actually gives the user "rebound" which can be great for a variety of drills.
Yes, the Air Barrel includes a hand pump. If you are interested in inflating the unit more quickly, you might consider adding an electric pump to your order.
With the hand pump that is included, you can inflate your Air Barrel in about 1-2 minutes. If you purchase the additional electric pump, you can inflate the unit in less than 20 seconds.
Always carry the Air Product. Do not drag the unit as it could catch on something that may cause damage or break the handle.
Use on a level surface that is free of any debris.
The Air Barrel should remain inflated overnight. Most times, you will need to "top off" the air with a few pumps from the hand pump in the morning. Note: extreme air temperature changes may cause the air inside to constrict or expand which may be a factor in how tight or soft your Air Barrel feels and how often you have to "top it off."
Try to locate the source of the leak. Fill a spray bottle with water and a few drops of washing up liquid. Spray the Air Barrel. If there is a leak small bubbles will appear. A patch kit can be sourced anywhere you find inflatable camping equipment or can be requested from Customer Service.
New inflatable products are vacuum packed for delivery to our warehouse. This may cause some creases to form in the vinyl. Theses creases will gradually disappear as the Air Barrel is used and inflated fully.